Meridian Medical Staffing - Paid to move bad reviews down

Congrats on getting that video off the first page.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 11.

Meridian Medical Staffing - Simple Review #1445820622

This company steals from employees. Insurance premiums were taken out of my check, and I never had insurance.

When I became aware of this , I had already been to a doctor's visit which Mark Holloway and Sue LaPan agreed to pay.

I never got my money back, and got stuck with the bills. I also got moved 3 times while on assignment because the company does not pay bills.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 25, 2015.

Meridian Medical Staffing - Theifs, Criminals, Bad Company!

This article is from an ex-employee of Meridian Medical Staffing.

Below are just a few reasons to steer clear of Meridian Medical Staffing.

1) Compensation Problems: The pay that is promised to both the Internal Recruiters, and Travel Nurses on contracts, is rarely what was discussed. Weekly phone calls come in with Nurses to complain about these issues. Personally, my pay was not what was discussed with me verbally, or what was written in my employment agreement.

2) Horrible Management: The Company’s lack of proper Management is a huge reason to stay away. Unfortunately, the employees have lost all of the respect for the Owner/CFO. This is mainly due to the more than frequent payroll errors; both with the Internal Recruiters, and Nurses working on contracts with the company. [continued below]....Report Attachments:

..... Even within his team of Managers the respect is completely gone. The Administrator too has given up any hope of changes happening.

3) Dishonest & Low Blow Sales Tactics: Often the Owner, Mark, will coach his recruiters whom have potential Clients (Nurses), which are on the fence about working for Meridian. He intensively instructs the Recruiters to mislead the person in regards to certain things. These things can vary from compensation, to location based details.

4) Very High Turnover: If you ever happen to work for Mark and Meridian. You may notice lots of Ex-Recruiters note's within the client database. Within my time with this company, I was able to locate over 10 Recruiters, who have worked and left Meridian within the past 18 months... When I was new; I wanted to believe it was because the difficulties within the industry itself. Over a period of time I realized it was due to the above reasons. Now, my name also sits in that database; as another reminder of the company’s Management problems.

5) No Workman's Compensation, No Health Insurance: While I worked with this company, I actually witnessed an employee get severally hurt while at work. She fell over some furniture and had horrible bruising from this. Mark, instructed her to go to a chiropractor and an acupuncturist. He would not let her go to the Hospital as his Insurance Premium would rise. Also, he promises his employee's basic Health Insurance. What you actually get is nothing. He hired some rain gutter sucking Insurance Broker to sell us all on independent plans that don’t cover you at all.

Lastly, I could go on and on about things within this Company that will leave you running away as fast as you can. I simply just don’t have any more time to waste on Mark and his horrible company.

Thank you for reading this.

Please spread the work to stay away from this Company.

Reason of review: Theifs.

I didn't like: Stealing.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 01, 2015.

Comments

This post, as is the post above is not written by a traveler, but instead, by an internal former employee that was terminated for gross misconduct. He then threatened to extort from the company that if he wasn't given unearned compensation, he would spend his time disparaging the agency through the internet.

He was legally served to cease and desist with the written proof of his intentions which he foolishly texted. Upon investigation, this was the exact behavior he elicited toward another former employee who also terminated him. Habitual low-work ethic employee who likes to blame his employer for his lack of ambition.

No place for that kind of recruiter with our agency. Good riddance!