This article is from an ex-employee of Meridian Medical Staffing.
Below are just a few reasons to steer clear of Meridian Medical Staffing.
1) Compensation Problems: The pay that is promised to both the Internal Recruiters, and Travel Nurses on contracts, is rarely what was discussed. Weekly phone calls come in with Nurses to complain about these issues. Personally, my pay was not what was discussed with me verbally, or what was written in my employment agreement.
2) Horrible Management: The Company’s lack of proper Management is a huge reason to stay away. Unfortunately, the employees have lost all of the respect for the Owner/CFO. This is mainly due to the more than frequent payroll errors; both with the Internal Recruiters, and Nurses working on contracts with the company. [continued below]....Report Attachments:
..... Even within his team of Managers the respect is completely gone. The Administrator too has given up any hope of changes happening.
3) Dishonest & Low Blow Sales Tactics: Often the Owner, Mark, will coach his recruiters whom have potential Clients (Nurses), which are on the fence about working for Meridian. He intensively instructs the Recruiters to mislead the person in regards to certain things. These things can vary from compensation, to location based details.
4) Very High Turnover: If you ever happen to work for Mark and Meridian. You may notice lots of Ex-Recruiters note's within the client database. Within my time with this company, I was able to locate over 10 Recruiters, who have worked and left Meridian within the past 18 months... When I was new; I wanted to believe it was because the difficulties within the industry itself. Over a period of time I realized it was due to the above reasons. Now, my name also sits in that database; as another reminder of the company’s Management problems.
5) No Workman's Compensation, No Health Insurance: While I worked with this company, I actually witnessed an employee get severally hurt while at work. She fell over some furniture and had horrible bruising from this. Mark, instructed her to go to a chiropractor and an acupuncturist. He would not let her go to the Hospital as his Insurance Premium would rise. Also, he promises his employee's basic Health Insurance. What you actually get is nothing. He hired some rain gutter sucking Insurance Broker to sell us all on independent plans that don’t cover you at all.
Lastly, I could go on and on about things within this Company that will leave you running away as fast as you can. I simply just don’t have any more time to waste on Mark and his horrible company.
Thank you for reading this.
Please spread the work to stay away from this Company.
Reason of review: Theifs.
Monetary Loss: $10000.
Preferred solution: Full refund.
I didn't like: